Cambridge uni dsc community
We have a community Facebook group, which welcomes all students at Cambridge who define as disabled, or who have experience of a disability or illness.
disability-specific community groups
These groups include:
– a mental health issues support community group, in collaboration with Student Minds Cambridge
– a chronic pain and/or fatigue community group
– a group for d/Deaf and Hard of Hearing students
– a digestive disorder support group
– a ‘neurodivergent’ community group for students with specific learning difficulties (such as dyslexia and dyspraxia), autism, ADHD, and other types of neurodivergence
– a BME (black & minority ethnic) mental health support group
– a PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) support group
These groups are all ‘closed’, which means that those outside the group can see their membership, but not anything posted in the group.
There are also some ‘secret’ groups, including one for students with experience with Personality Disorders – message the DSO on Facebook for more information.
Intermission and double-time Solidarity & Support
We run a Facebook group for students who have intermitted, who have returned from intermission, or who are considering intermitting. It’s a supportive place with over 300 members!
Along with the CUSU Welfare Part-Time Students’ Officer, we also run a group for students who study ‘double time’ – aka doing a degree over double the number of years.